The Florida 3 way senate election makes for strange statements
will those who voted for Meek instead of Christ be happy with their votes? There is a time to be idealistic and there is a time to be pragmatic. Now is the time to be pragmatic and vote for Crist.
and elicits this response
5. Never thought I’d see the day when Democrats who voted for the Democratic candidate would get bashed
on DemocraticUnderground. Permalink
That only shows how very lost you are, buddy. A much more popular discussion on the same theme
Not after demanding Meek drop out of the FL senate race to increase support for Crist. Endorsing and pushing a recent former Republican over the Dem (who is losing in part *because* FL Democrats refuse to support him, thus ensuring an “unelectable” feedback loop) and then demanding party loyalty is the height of hypocrisy.
with an interesting agreement
2. K&R because I’m in Arizona where the Democratic party couldn’t even find
candidates for a lot of offices. Hypocrisy is its own fertilizer. Permalink
and a predictable disagreement invoking the WWOD rule
10. What about Obama advocating a vote for an independent instead of a Dem?
I guess he’s broken DU rules, too! Permalink
PUMAs may have disbanded, but not in the minds of these people. First response to this
1. Really who is pushing that drivel……PUMAS
and showing how clueless
damn, let it go people…imagine if the Gore faction had kept that up during Clintons eight years.
A bit hard to imagine, seing as Gore never ran against Clinton, let alone have the primaries stolen And here’s Obama’s soul mate in a log rant against the voters. Some highlights:
67. I’m really not a voter worshiper. ….I really haven’t seen a president or candidate in my lifetime who could compare with Obama. Therefore, I have no trouble at all in blaming the few Dem voters expressing “disenchantment” for their own problems. I think any Dem who grumbles about Obama should have the decency to name an alternative or shut up. That never happens, of course….. ……These folks are high maintenance. They don’t realize a very simple fact: You have to give a great deal of loyalty and trust to your team or you are useless to it. It’s hard to be angry with people who don’t understand this, though, because they are basically blind. They have no idea they are wrong. They should think about it.
Someone is trying to defend the Gawker story on O’Donnell
O’Donnell portrays herself as “pure” and condemns sexual activity outside of marriage, including masturbation. That’s ALL this is about. No woman-hating going on. Simply O’Donnell-hating.
One person disagrees
i am not seeing sexual history with straight sex of single male running on family values
On the latest Obama heckling
“Excuse me … excuse me,” an irritated looking Obama said before he could finally talk over the shouting. “We’re funding global AIDS (prevention) and the other side is not — so I don’t know why you find this a useful strategy.” As some protesters kept shouting — and presidential backers began changing pro-Obama slogans — Obama told his critics, “you guys have made your point, so let’s go … C’mon, guys.”
Most applaud Obama, and one who says was present is convinced they were R’s
I got a close look at these protesters, and they resembled Mormon missionaries much more than AIDS activists. Karl Rove and his ilk must have had a hand on this. Permalink
But there are also comments like these
5. It’s a shame, the President’s response. It’s also a shame the response many here have to the protest The President is hypocritical when he confronts situations like this. In calmer places he tells us, “Push me, make me do my job.” From the beginning he’s said that, he’s said it over and over again. Then when people do that, he gets irritated, tells them, “I’ve done lots of things, now shut up and go away! I’m talking here!” Everyone supports the STFU, saying, “Why don’t they wait until AFTER the election?”…… Permalink
and even Clinton comparisons
6. Clinton would usually tell you who to speak to about your concerns. I think Obama was disturbed by
the fact it was right before the election. His mind is in campaign mode, but I agree, he could have just said some of those things you said. It’s not easy to talk with people shouting, though. They could hold up signs and be respectful after a minute of chanting. Permalink
That’s probably what brought the operative with one post to say he was there and they were Rove’s guys (fo’ sure! That’s the ticket!) From Skinner, expectations for Election Day
Besides expectations of increaed traffic and such there’s that loyalty thinghy
5. If you want the Democrats to lose, GO AWAY. I fully expect that there may be lots of finger-pointing and “I told you so” posts, and as much as I don’t like it I understand it is going to happen. That’s fine. But if anyone seems a little too gleeful that the Democrats lost and the Republicans won, we’re not going to cut you a great deal of slack. If you want to celebrate a Republican victory, take it to Free Republic. I think that’s everything. Fingers crossed, hoping for the best. GO DEMS!
I wonder how the glee is measured. I also wonder if Mineral Man will help direct traffic to his Alma Mater of 4 years.
Believing their own PR
2 Days that We will HOLD THE House and Senate!
Both of them were very upbeat. Kaine on CNN and Van Holland on MSNBC today and yesterday on some show.
They are Insiders and Very Upbeat. I would think they know more than we do or the Press will Laugh at them for their calls after the election.
Spinning is prepared
16. When I was a defense attorney…
…a verdict that came back with less liability than the prosecutor’s best offer was a victory. I think the Ds holding off the predicted R landslide will be a victory in reality. Permalink
19. Well, in your expert opinion as a defense attorney…
what would you call it when you practically sweep a party off the map, elect a hugely popular president with a historic mandate and give him both houses of Congress with the largest majorities in a generation… and then piss that all away in just two years? Permalink
Many more “victories” like that, asshats!
A good sum-up
personally, I think we need a wider spectrum of political discourse.
Our democratic party had a super majority, and the best it could do is pass Bob Doles 1996 health care plan. We need more ideas….
and gets slapped over the head with Skinner’s stick
5. Organize for another party
Or in the words of some other famous person, If you want the Democrat to lose, GO AWAY.
and one that takes the DUdie
blaming Code Pink
9. I don’t either but we can blame the Code Pinks and Medea Benjamins for this
Because of their shrill bullying tactics, they made the Democratic party move further right
hey, at least it’s not all the “lefties”.