B0botland is getting new rules to better protect and help Obama turn a corner, all name calling is verbotten.
The New rules, coming on the heels of Teh Speech being universally panned, are meant to eradicate
persistent undercurrent of negativity and conflict here, which has been exacerbated by the lack of a common villain in the form of George W. Bush.
Oh, noes! Hillary has abdicated her responsibility then.
But what about Palin? Can’t she be the common villain?
And why does a political forum need a common villain anyway? Why make it all so personal?
Of course, the lack of a common villain, might make some take a clear look at Obama. This is – of course, verbotten.
Here is the entire humongous section on this
Inappropriate attacks against Democrats
– Insults against prominent Democrats, such as “Fuck Obama.”
– Name-calling against prominent Democrats. Calling Barack Obama “Barry” or some other name.
– Repeating Republican partisan attacks against Democrats.
– Broadly suggesting that there is no difference between Barack Obama and George W. Bush, or that there is no difference between Democrats and Republicans. (Arguing that specific policies are the same would be permitted.)
– Suggesting that President Obama has perpetrated a “con job” or “fraud,” or similarly over-the-top assertions of bad faith.
– Advocating voting against Democrats, or in favor of third-party or GOP candidates.
– Broad-brush smears against Democrats generally. Broad expressions of contempt toward Democrats generally.
So, now that we know what is verbotten, let’s see what is missing,
. Here it is in its entirety the answer to these questions
Broad-brush or Extreme Group Attack – When discussing groups of DU members, the following are considered broad-brush group attacks:
– Suggesting that a particular point of view is required in order to be a Democrat, liberal, or progressive.
So, there are no longer Democratic principles, ideals, defining beliefs for a liberal in the era of Obama.
You want to stay a B0bot, check any principles at the door.
Any statement to the opposite is a “broad brush or extreme group attack”
They don’t know who they are, not are they allowed to explore. No principles, no beliefs.
No look through those principles at what THEIR candidate is doing is allowed.
Now that’s postPartisan!
Only one problem:
4. I think he’s figured out who’s a** to kick.
He should take the press into receivership.
Clio the Leo (1000+ posts)
15. lol ….. he should FIRE the press! …. replace them all with the Coast Guard
Anyway, the definition of a B0bot just became clearer for us.
Also, the esponse to the new rules is nearly unanimously positive.